Wednesday, July 15, 2009

After the Sunset...

Note: This post is specially dedicated to the memory of my grandmother...





It feels like it was only yesterday, when we were celebrating mothers day with you. I can still remember your smile, your laughter, your face...



It was right here, outside your house in malacca, where you said 'bye bye... study hard ar...' like you always did, and i waved and said 'goodbye...' like I always did but... never had I imagined, that 'goodbye...' was 'goodbye...forever...'



Back then, you would sit on the sofa, telling my mom 'wa... shaun very tall already ar... study very pandai ar...' and i would be smiling and thinking to myself, 'I havent increased in height for quite some time d leh... haha...' but I could have told you, this had never failed to brighten my day.



Yet now you lie here, no more chattering, no more cackling. You look as though you were only asleep. But I know, that this sleep... will be eternal.



It hurts, trying to make myself believe the fact that you will never wake up again, when you look like you would wake up anytime and call my name or give me a pat on the head.
.
It pains, to see you smile so benignly yet knowing that you can share your joy with us no longer. However, deep down I am grateful to God for the fact that you are at bliss now, and free from all worldly suffering.



Thinking back, I realized that i havent given you anyt gifts before over the years. Well... if i were to give one now... it shouldnt be too late right? haha... Alright... heres my first... and sadly my one last gift for you...





Nice ma? haha... it was from my own garden. To some, flowers are depicted as symbols of life and impermenance. After blooming into its most beautiful, it will slowly wilt and fade away.

.

Hence with this gift, i wish you eternal bliss and eternal life. Well of course you could just put it up in ur hair... I know you enjoy being beautiful. Have i ever told you that youre the most beautiful granma... well you are... XD

.

Parting is hard... but it is a lesson that we must learn. Please worry about us no more... rest well for now...

.

Bon voyage... we will meet again someday =)

.

p.s. malacca... will never be the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment